Last night me and Kayleigh mapped down our thought about this unit and we had a kind of explosion of ideas. Now I am in a position where I don't know which path to follow and which theme to choose- even though I went for the HIV at first. But it's still early and I am hoping to work on something that I can get the most out of. So, brainstorming:
- Expressionistic (Abtract using a lot of colour?)
- Illlustrative (like Chidren's book?)
- Using narrtive voice overs?
- Uncanny/ Dark?
- Non liner narrative?
- Pop up book?
- Television (Newsflash)?
- Like a first person game?
- Martial arts?
- Tetris (Old school videogames)?
- Comic Book?
- 2D illustration (like a book) ---> 3D
- Blackbord in classroom---> 3D
- Graffiti on wall--->3D
- Maybe a transition from an injection into the body-like in Fantastic Voyage?
- Hertbeat Scan---> 3D
After looking through all those different choices I think I am now interested in narrating my animation like a story- more like reading through a child's book. It's very tricky in terms of the subject, though. I believe treating the HIV like a fairy tale would be quite weird since it's a very dark subject to talk about. In terms of a fairy tale style I think the antibodies or fighting n infection would be more child-friendly as it's not directly corresponding to a fatal decease like AIDS. I like the idea of the process being narrated through a book with the trnsition 2D images into 3D Animation.