Tuesday 24 January 2012

Evaluation of Unit 1: Narrative (Retrofest)

Not necessarily related to my own experience but I thought  it was funny. :P
Another Semester is gone (the hardest one according to everyone) and it was the most painful one, but at the same time the most rewarding one.
I discovered a lot about myself and what it's like to work in a group. I personally found it very exciting combining our skills to create the trailer and feeling capable of sharing my strengths within the team. I even got to experience what it's like to work with people from a distance as I did with Dom and Aidan while we were all in different parts of the world during the holidays. So, yeah, I think out of this project I discovered that I actually enjoy working with other people.

There were a few ups and downs during those last 15 weeks that caused a few arguments within the team, but this is what made us complete the project. Although, both of my team mates were stubborn with their own ideas, I think that the fact that each of us was 'fighting' to work  made us even stronger workers. I am happy we were all willing to work hard on this, even though we nearly turned up on crit day in blood and with broken bones.

My skills in Maya and project management have improved a lot thanks to the project. I chose to challenge myself by taking over the character modelling and rigging, which was something that I wanted to do for a very long time now. I made a lot of mistakes that made my workflow slower, but learnt so much from it, which I am going to take on to my next project.
Unfortunately, I did not have the time to complete all Maya tutorials but I am willing to do it in my own spare time. Even though, I've been working constantly (even during the holidays) I still couldn't physically finish them.
But at the end of the day, what counts is what YOU learn and you do not have to prove anyone that you've completed something on time. I am looking forward to learn eve more and broaden my knowledge into the animation industry.

I am going to have a proper 'break' now and clear my mind, ready for the next exciting project. See you all there! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment